Week 16 - Romans Series
Sermon-based Growth Group Questions
What was “the takeaway” (the most important point) from Sunday’s sermon and/or the sermon text, in your opinion?
What insight from Sunday’s sermon did you find most helpful, or eye-opening, or troubling (pick any or all of the above)?
Read Romans 6:1-14
- From 3:8 and 6:1, how are some people misusing Paul’s emphasis on God’s grace (5:20-21)? What do they hear Paul saying?
- How would you paraphrase Paul’s brief answer in verse 2? The idea of death is mentioned 15 times in this section: How does Christ’s death and resurrection tie into our relationship with sin?
- What actions does Paul call us to perform in verses 11-13? How doe these relate to his general statement in verse 3? What motivation does he give us for doing so (v.13)?
- How have you experienced Christ’s death and resurrection in your life?
- What do you do when you experience temptation?
- From verses 11-13 what specifically do you need to do this week to count yourself dead to sin but alive to God in Christ?
- As you struggle with sin, what from this passage gives you hope?
Prayer: Take time to pray together as a group.