Week 22 - Romans Series
Sermon-based Growth Group Questions
What was “the takeaway” (the most important point) from Sunday’s sermon and/or the sermon text, in your opinion?
What insight from Sunday’s sermon did you find most helpful, or eye-opening, or troubling (pick any or all of the above)?
Read Romans 8:12-17
- Since we are not set right with God by doing good works, what is the motive for changing our lives?
- How do verses 13-14, 6:13 and 6:19 together show how we are to deal with our sinful nature?
- What does he mean by the phrase “by the Spirit” (vv. 13-14)?
- When did you first realize that you needed to turn control of your life over to the Holy Spirit? What happened when you did?
- As you look back over the past week, give a practical example of a way you have been led by the Spirit of God (Romans 8:14). [It's not "bragging" because it is God's Spirit leading you.] Give an example of a time when you didn’t respond to the Spirit’s prompting
- The Bible speaks of many privileges God's children enjoy. If you are God's child, what are three aspects of being adopted into God's family that you especially cherish?
Prayer: Take time to pray together as a group.