Week 6 - Romans Series
Sermon-based Growth Group Questions
What was “the takeaway” (the most important point) from Sunday’s sermon and/or the sermon text, in your opinion?
What insight from Sunday’s sermon did you find most helpful, or eye-opening, or troubling (pick any or all of the above)?
Read Romans 2:12-16
- Explain the principle of judgment on the basis of general revelation (i.e. creation). List some passages that teach this principle.
- How is 2:13 (“doers of the law shall be justified”) to be harmonized with Romans 3:28 (which says that men have always been justified by faith), and with Romans 3:20 (which says “by works of law shall no flesh be justified”)?
- How do we know those who have not heard of the Jewish Law have the work of the Law written on their hearts (2:14-15)?
- Some say, because the Gentiles do not know what was expected of them that they couldn’t be held accountable for their actions. Yet Paul says they are accountable. Why?
- What is the conscience? What does it do? Does your conscience ever accuse you? How have you responded when this happens?
- Does this passage have any bearing on how we think about missions as Christians? Why or why not?
- How should knowing that one day God will judge the secrets of men through Christ influence the way we think about how we live? Could this truth also bring comfort to us? How?
Prayer: Take time to pray together as a group.